Why Choose Positivity?


The choice to be kind is in your hands. It isn’t always easy, but I’d like to challenge you to try. 

Looking to buy a Bay Area Home? Search all Bay Area homes for sale. Selling Your Bay Area Home? Use our home evaluation tool.


We’ve all encountered toxic people, but what’s the best way to handle these individuals? To start out, let me tell you a story. I was recently making a few follow-up calls when I encountered a gentleman who seemed to be generally angry with life. A lot of things were said in the conversation that I could have reacted negatively to, but I decided to do something against that impulse. This gentleman was upset at me having called his elderly mother, who had expressed interest in selling her home with me. He insinuated I was harassing her, which obviously wasn’t my intention. But instead of reacting with a negative attitude, I defended my position and asked him to help me understand his. I allowed the gentleman to explain his position, then de-escalated the situation by expressing empathy and solidarity. I offered to take him out of my database, apologized for the situation at hand, and ended the conversation.

You have the choice to remain positive.

Even though I still felt slightly shaken up by what had just happened, I was able to step away from the situation knowing I chose not to let it get out of hand. We have this same choice in every interaction we’re a part of. You can and should always choose kindness. People may push our buttons, but you always have the choice to remain positive. Always remember that we have no way of knowing what another person is going through, so try to avoid falling into negative behavior. I know this isn’t related to our usual topics, but I do think it’s important. So, take this message and apply it in your daily life. If you have any other questions, would like more information, or need help with any of your real estate needs, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.