Why I Chose to Have a Career in Real Estate


Having goals is an incredibly important aspect of life and business alike. But, how can you achieve these goals? 

Looking to buy a Bay Area Home? Search all Bay Area homes for sale. Selling Your Bay Area Home? Use our home evaluation tool.


I’m going to flip the script a little bit today. Instead of bringing you another market update or tips about upcoming local events: I want to answer a question that I get asked all the time by my clients, “Why did you choose real estate as a career?”

The reason I do real estate is because it’s literally in my blood. I’ve been watching and listening to my father, Terry McDaniel, all my life. I’ve seen and heard him negotiate countless transactions, work long hours, and endure the grind of this business.

When I got my driver’s license at age 16, I was so excited. I couldn’t wait to get in the car with my dad, roll down the window, and crank the music up. It wasn’t until I was already in the driver's seat of his green Suburban that I realized that instead of being windows-down-music-up this was windows-up-A/C-on, with dad on the phone negotiating.

We want to be the antidote to that stigma of thought.


I thought it was so lame at the time, but what I didn’t realize is that it was the beginning of my training to become an agent. All through high school I helped my dad by going to open houses, stuffing letters, and attending real estate conferences. I didn’t know it back then, but all that time he was grooming me to be the agent I am today. For that, I’ll always be grateful.

I’m going to continue doing this for a long time because I strongly believe that there needs to be people like us out there protecting people. There are so many people out there giving real estate a bad name. We want to be the antidote to that stigma.

If you have any questions for me, Terry, Chris, Eileen, John, or anyone else on our team, we’re always here to answer them. Just give us a call or send us an email. We’d love to hear from you and offer a helping hand.